We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Memorial Day is a time to remember and honor the brave men and women who have fought and died for our country. As a parent, it’s important to teach our children the significance of this day and to instill in them a sense of patriotism and gratitude.
Cordelia and I recently attended Emporia’s Memorial Day service at the All Veterans Memorial. It was a touching tribute to those who have served and sacrificed for our nation. After the service, we wanted to continue our commemoration of the day and decided to make patriotic wind socks.
Here’s a simple guide on how to make your own patriotic wind socks:
- Poster board
- Streamers in red, white, and blue
- Tinsel in silver and gold
- Star-shaped decorations
- Hole punch
- String or ribbon
- Cut a piece of poster board into a rectangle shape.
- Roll up the poster board into a cylinder shape and secure with tape or glue.
- Use the hole punch to make holes at the top and bottom of the cylinder.
- Cut strips of streamers in red, white, and blue.
- Tie the streamers to the bottom holes of the cylinder.
- Cut lengths of tinsel in silver and gold and tie them to the top holes of the cylinder.
- Decorate the wind sock with star-shaped decorations. You can find these at the dollar store or make your own out of construction paper.
- Tie a piece of string or ribbon to the top of the wind sock so that you can hang it up.
By making these patriotic wind socks, you and your children can honor the memory of those who have served our country. Hang them up outside or in a window to show your support and appreciation for our nation’s heroes.dWatch it fly on our latest instagram post!
Watch the sock fly on our latest instagram post!