We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Looking for a fun and easy DIY project to do at home? Why not make Oobleck! This gooey substance is perfect for kids and adults alike, and it’s super easy to make with just a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- 2 cups of cornstarch
- 1 cup of water
- Food coloring (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of cornstarch.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup of water while stirring the mixture.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes thick and gooey. If it’s too thin, add more cornstarch. If it’s too thick, add more water.
- If you want to add color, mix in a few drops of food coloring until you achieve your desired shade.
- Your Oobleck is now ready to be played with! You can mold it, squeeze it, and even watch it ooze between your fingers.
Note: Oobleck is a non-Newtonian fluid, which means it has properties of both liquids and solids. It will feel solid if you apply force to it, but it will flow like a liquid if you let it rest. Have fun experimenting with it!
Check out its performance in action by viewing our latest Instagram post.