We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Abiding in the calm delight of the Lord is a daily practice that requires intentional effort. Finding joy and strength in the Lord can cultivate a heart of peace and contentment. Here are some practical steps to help us abide in His presence:
1. Spend time with Jesus: Make it a priority to spend time in His presence daily through prayer, Bible reading, and worship. This is where we draw our strength and joy from.
2. Surrender your worries and fears to Him: Holding onto our worries and fears can prevent us from experiencing true peace and joy. Surrender them to Jesus and trust Him to take care of them.
3. Focus on His promises: Meditate on God’s promises in the Bible and let them fill your heart with hope. This helps us to face each day with confidence and joy.
4. Practice gratitude: Take time to reflect on the blessings in your life and thank God for them. This cultivates a heart of gratitude and contentment.
5. Stay rooted in the community: We were not meant to live the Christian life alone. Stay connected to other believers who can encourage you, pray for you, and share your joys and struggles.
The sunflower provides a beautiful metaphor for abiding in the calm delight of the Lord. Sunflowers always face the sun, which gives them the energy they need to grow and thrive. In the same way, we must fix our eyes on Jesus, the Son of God, and draw our strength and joy from Him.
Scripture also provides guidance on abiding in His presence. Psalm 16:11 says, “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence, there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” By staying close to Him, we can experience the fullness of His joy and find strength for each day.
May we intentionally seek the Lord’s presence and trust in His promises, drawing our strength and joy from Him like the sunflower. Let us abide in Him and find joy and strength for each day.
As the sunflower reaches maturity, it produces 1000-2000 seeds, which can then be used to grow new sunflowers. This is a beautiful reminder of the fruitfulness that comes from abiding in the Lord. When we stay close to Him and draw our strength and joy from Him, we too can bear much fruit in our lives. Our lives can be a testimony to His goodness and faithfulness, and we can impact others with His love and grace. However, the mature sunflower often bows down from the weight of its own seeds, reminding us of our need to surrender our lives to the Lord and acknowledge our dependence on Him. As we abide in His presence and draw our strength and joy from Him, we are reminded of His sovereignty and our own limitations. We can trust Him to carry the weight of our burdens and guide us on the path of righteousness. So let us learn from the humble posture of the mature sunflower and surrender our lives to the Lord, trusting in His goodness and grace.
As a bonus, these two videos will inspire and uplift you. The first one is “The Story behind the Song Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus,” which tells the powerful story behind one of the most beloved hymns of all time. And the second video is a beautiful rendition of “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus,” sung by a talented woman.
So take a few moments to watch these videos, be encouraged, and remember that God delights in you and rejoices over you with singing. Let us abide in Him and experience His calm and delight in our hearts, even in the midst of difficult circumstances.
Have you read these blog posts?
- ABOUT CATS IN THE CRADLE BLOG: INTENTIONAL CHRISTIAN PARENTING INSPIRED BY SUNFLOWERS AND JESUS
- LESSONS FROM SUNFLOWERS: ENCOURAGING EACH OTHER IN OUR WALK WITH CHRIST