We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Disclosure: Many thanks to Thomas Nelson Bibles for providing a beautifully boxed Bible for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
Today, I’m blessed to share one of my favorite Bibles with you. The Abide Bible will transform your personal Bible devotions into an intimate, ongoing conversation with God with the five methods of Scripture Engagements in this Bible. It’s one of my favorite features and will keep your Bible reading fresh and new! You can learn more about how to use them by checking out the Abide Experience: 21 Days in John, a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible.
Abide in Me, and I in you.JOHN 15:4
Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that comes from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible’s features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible:
- Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
- Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
- Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.
- Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
- Contemplate: Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible.
- Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
- 365 Day Bible Reading Plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
- Line-matched, single-column Scripture text for improved readability
- Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
- Two satin ribbon markers allows you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
- Easy-to-read 9-point NET Comfort Print
ABOUT THE NET VERSION
The New English Translation (NET) is the newest complete translation of the original biblical languages into English. In the mid-1990s, a multi-denominational team of more than twenty-five of the world’s foremost biblical scholars gathered around the shared vision of creating an English Bible translation that could overcome old challenges and boldly open the door for new possibilities.
The NET’s uniquely transparent, accountable translation process has been crystalized in the most extensive set of Bible translators’ notes ever created. More than 60,000 notes highlight every major decision, outline alternative views, and explain difficult or nontraditional renderings.
Your word is a lamp to walk by,PSALM 119:105
and a light to illumine my path.
The Abide Bible has a soft leather cover and colorful pictures. It’s perfect for my unique, quirky self. I loved this translation! It’s so easy to read with all the prompts. I often get distracted reading the Bible with endless questions, daydreaming, wondering how to connect the dots throughout Scripture, and hungering to find hidden treasures and deeper understanding. This Bible allows me grace and a way to engage with God more deeply. It allows me to explore my curiosities and encourages my hunger to encounter God’s voice and presence in Scripture. I found this Bible to be both beautiful and adventurous, and I know that it will provide peace, hope, growth, and nourishment as you abide in Christ. This Bible encourages those who want to discover the heart and purpose of God to dive deep into the Word. I highly recommend this Bible.
Also, you’ll want to check out The Abide Experience: 21 Days in John, a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible, a Bible designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read Scripture. The 21 Days in John FREE Video Devotion also provides a free download of the book of John from the Abide Bible. I really enjoyed going through this study!
Enter to win (1) copy of the Abide Bible (NET)Enter to Win a copy of Abide Bible (NET) USA ONLY
Note: This is limited to US winners only. Ends 12/3