This is one of our all-time favorite Easter recipes! A fun Easter treat that teaches children the real reason behind Easter.
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Dough
- 8 large marshmallows
- Water or Butter
- Cinnamon and sugar mixed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate each triangle. (Explain that this is like the cloth they wrapped Jesus in.)
- Give your child a marshmallow and explain that it represents Jesus. It’s white and pure because He was without sin.
- Have children dip marshmallow in water. (This symbolizes the embalming oils.)
- Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. (This is like the spices used to prepare his body for burial.)
- Place a marshmallow in the top of the crescent roll and roll into a crescent roll shape, then secure the sides by tucking them under and pinching them closed.. This represents how they wrapped Jesus’ body.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and repeat.
- Place in the oven. (symbolizing the tomb). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Let cool for a few minutes and open the roll.
The marshmallow has disappeared! This signifies how Jesus has been resurrected.
On the third day, the tomb was found empty.
Such a great visual lesson for young children! Death is not the end.