Bulletproof coffee has a high amount of healthy, well-sourced, saturated fat and this is good news for our brains. But there are other benefits of Bulletproof coffee; improved metabolism, weight loss, stabilized gut health, and increased mood and strength.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Almond milk or whipping cream
- Combine all ingredients in a blender,
- Blend until smooth and frothy
- Add sugar-free vanilla syrup, stevia, cinnamon, etc if you prefer.
Why grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee?
- Grass-fed butter is higher than grain-fed butter in omega-3 fatty acids, CLA, beta-carotene, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
- Grass-fed butter is high in butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid. Studies show that butyrate can both prevent and decrease inflammation in humans. It also protects against mental illness, improve body composition, increase metabolism, and improve gut health.
Benefits of MCT Oil
- A kind of ‘natural fuel’ for the body and brain. MCT oil is a purified form of saturated fatty acids. It typically comes from a mix of coconut oil and palm oil. The benefits of MCT oil are: rapid weight loss, suppresses hunger; digests easily; more brain power; strengthens the gut; and boosts your workouts.
- MCT oil can help optimize the growth of good bacteria and support the gut lining, which could also help you lose weight. Summary MCT oil may support weight loss by increasing fullness, fat loss, energy burning, ketone production and by improving your gut environment.
- MCT oil may reduce heart disease risk factors such as weight, cholesterol and inflammation. Adding it to your diet could help lower your risk of heart disease.
2 thoughts on “How to Make Bulletproof Coffee at Home”
this sounds really good. thank you
I love coffee, so this will help me greatly!