Even the pickiest of eaters will love these sour cream chicken enchiladas!
HOW TO MAKE The Sauce …
- Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir 3 Tablespoons flour into butter and whisk for 1 minute over heat. Stir constantly. Add 2 cups chicken broth and whisk together. Cook over heat until it’s thick and bubbles up. Take off heat and let cool for 5 minutes. After it cools, add 1 cup sour cream, and a small can of green chilies.
mAKE the enchiladas …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken and 1 cup of cheese
- Fill tortillas with the chicken/cheese mixture and roll. Place them in a greased pan. I would put a layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan before you put the enchiladas down. (They will taste better!)
- Pour sauce over the enchiladas, and add more cheese to top.
- Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook another 3 minutes. This will brown the cheese.
- ENJOY 🙂