We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
My daughter would seriously be on Roblox or YouTube all day if I’d let her. So we came up with this list of screen time rules to combat the problem.
Here is our List – you can add to it to suit your children’s needs.
No Screentime Until…
- Dressed for the Day
- Eat Breakfast
- Brush Hair
- Brush Teeth
- Make Your Bed
Ways to Earn Time
Help Around the House to Earn Time
- Water the Garden/Plants – Earn 15 minutes
- Feed the Pets/Brush – Earn 15 minutes
- Sweep the Kitchen – Earn 15 minutes
- Vacuum the Rugs – Earn 15 minutes
- Empty the Trashcans – Earn 15 minutes
- Fold the Laundry – Earn 15 minutes
- Put Away the Laundry – Earn 15 minutes
- Wipe Down the Bathroom – Earn 15 minutes
Earn Time by Participating in these Activities for 30 minutes
- Read for 30 minutes – Earn 15 minutes
- Draw, Paint, Playdough, Chalk – Earn 15 minutes
- Play with Toys – Earn 15 minutes
- Play Outside – Earn 15 minutes
- Do Summer Homework – Earn 15 minutes
- Exercise Your Body – Earn 15 minutes
Ways to Loose Time
- Hitting/Biting – Loose 15 minutes
- Yelling – Loose 15 minutes
- Talking Back – Loose 15 minutes
- Not Listening – Loose 15 minutes
[amazon_link asins=’B076DN3M36′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’lizardbrooks9-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’711a2115-633e-11e8-b525-b786673fddf5′]
What are your tips for limiting screen time during the long hot days of summer? Please leave a comment and share them!
4 thoughts on “How to Limit Screentime This Summer”
Those are great ideas! I really like the how to lose time list LOL! Cute photo!
I love these ideas. I will have to do this with my son and grandson. Have them earn their screen time
These are some great rule ideas. I think every family with children should implement them.
Some really good ideas here