Shopping Apps – Getting Paid to Buy Groceries
The following apps are best known for giving you actual cash back, via check or Paypal, for buying certain groceries. These apps offer you an excellent way to increase your savings at the grocery store because you can use these in addition to coupons.
- Saving Star: A digital coupon app for thousands of grocery stores and drugstores that is linked to your individual store loyalty cards. (Yes, you have to have loyalty cards to get rewards.) You choose the digital coupons you want to use and the reward is applied to your loyalty card and when you reach $5 in savings, you earn cash!
- Ibotta: Allows shoppers to earn real money for shopping. Start by perusing the different offers in the product gallery and choose the ones you’re interested in. Every time you compete a “task” (like sharing on Facebook, taking a poll, or watching a video), pending cash is added to your account that can be accessed once you actually purchase the product from one of the 50 retailers partnered with Ibotta. Once the purchase is verified, cash is put into your PayPal account or turned into gift cards.
- Check Out 51: When your account balance reaches $20, you can cash out and we’ll mail you a check. Offers go live on Thursdays at 12:00 AM in each time zone. They expire the following Wednesday at 11:59 PM in each time zone. You must upload your receipts while the offers are live. Some offers may be claimed multiple times. Tap into the offer to see its claim limit. Each receipt can be used only once.
- Receipt Hog: With Receipt Hog, you can earn coins you can redeem for cash or gift cards. Simply take pictures of your receipts to earn coins or slot machine spins. Receipt Hog accepts receipts from stores like Safeway, Costco, Kroger, Walmart, CVS, Dollar General, Petco, GNC and Sephora that turn into coins, or receipts from stores like Sears, Old Navy, Best Buy, Staple’s, Kohl’s, The Home Depot or Macy’s that turn into slot spins. Receipt Hog is more like a game that pays you — making savings fun!
- Groupon Snap: Redeem Groupon deals (as much as 50-90% off!) on everything from restaurants to retailers to hotels. You can search by location to find deals closest to you. Groupon consistently offers great, diverse deals and they even have options tailored for the holiday season. It’s also a great way to step out of your comfort zone and try out new places.
- Walmart Savings Catcher: Download the Walmart App, with the Walmart Savings Catcher, if a competitor advertises a special deal for a lower price, Walmart will give you the difference in the form of an e-gift card.
- Shopkick: You can earn “kickbucks” with Shopkick by checking in at stores, scanning barcodes of products in those stores, and of course taking advantage of their exclusive deals and offers. This app is known for offering a fairly generous amount of “bucks” for the things you do. You can use your bucks to redeem for gift cards and vouchers to popular retailers.
- MobiSave: Offer you rebates on items that you can choose to purchase. Just take a picture of your itemized receipt and submit. Buy those offers from any store, take a pic of your itemized receipt, and then get paid with Paypal that same day (no minimums).
- BerryCart: A rebate app geared towards organic, healthy, GMO Free Foods. Each week a variety of foods are added. To get the rebate you need to upload your receipt to the app and your rebate amount is added to your Berry Cart account.
- Shopmium: Browse offers or stores near you to view special product offers. Select the item, then, once you buy the item, take a picture of your receipt in the app. You’ll get cash back deposited to your bank or sent to your PayPal account. The best part, all the offers in Shopmium are exclusive to the app and you won’t find them anywhere else. New offers are added each week. (Use Code KAKKCUAF get a Lindt Chocolate Bar for FREE)
- Target’s Cartwheel: Specific to Target, shows you weekly discounts on items throughout the store — with offers for up to 50% off! Get coupons through Target’s main app to stack your savings, plus use coupons from websites like Coupons.com to triple dip your savings!
- Favado: An app by Savings.com that helps to prepare a shopping list based on store promotions and what’s currently on sale. Once you sign up for the app, select your stores, and Favado will save them on the app. To see the offers for each store, click on the store, and a list of offers will show up with the dates the offer is valid. Check the offers you want to buy, and this will save them to your shopping list. This app is a great help when planning purchases and budgeting grocery expenses!
- Receipt Pal:
Other Apps to Download
- Gas Buddy: Helps you find the cheapest gas near you! Join the more than 50 million drivers that are saving money every time they need gas just by searching for the cheapest prices and sharing what they find!
- Luckbox: Watch ads, earn entries into weekly sweepstakes, and win money
- Viggle: Earn points for watching television shows. Once you download the app, you can “check in” to register whatever show you are watching. The app will listen to your TV and you will earn 1 point per minute you are checked in. Earn bonus points for watching featured programs; you can also earn bonus points through promotions and games. Redeem points for gift cards and other prizes.
- SwagBucks TV: Earn Swag Bucks for watching videos on your phone, up to 50 per day. Works in conjunction with your online Swagbucks account, for which you can earn Swag Bucks by shopping online, using the Swagbucks site as your primary search engine, and printing coupons. Redeem Swag Bucks for gift cards and other prizes (500 Swag Bucks equals a $5 gift card)
Take Surveys to Make Money
- Swagbucks: This is a definitely a favorite, because of the wide variety of ways to make extra cash beyond taking surveys. They’re also famous for handing out free Swagbucks at random just for being a member. Plus, they give you $5 just for signing up. You can redeem your points for Paypal or gift cards to a number of popular retailers, including Amazon.com.
- Inbox Dollars: Earn Inbox Dollars for a variety of activities, including taking surveys, completing activities, searching the web, watching videos and more. Works in conjunction with your online Inbox Dollars account. Pays CASH and you get a $5 bonus just for signing up. Rewards add up pretty quickly–get paid when you earn $30.
- VIP Voice: They give you points after every survey which can lead towards gift cards, free vacations and electronics.
- PointClub: Get points for every single survey you take — guaranteed. Plus, the company gives you $5 just for signing up! Once you accrue enough of them, those points are redeemable for gift cards to a ton of useful vendors like Walmart, Amazon and PayPal.
- YouGov: Visa Gift Cards to Paypal to Amazon Gift Cards.
Get Free Samples
- Home Tester Club
- Loreal Testing
- Seventh Generation
- Hello Friends
- Moms Meet Ambassador
As always, thanks for reading! Please leave a comment, like, and subscribe. Have a blessed day!