There is nothing wrong with being angry. Anger is a wonderful emotion, to show us that something is wrong. Typically, one of the primary emotions, like fear or sadness, can be found underneath the anger. … In contrast to fear and sadness, anger can provide a surge of energy and make us feel more in charge, rather than feeling vulnerable or helpless. According to James 3:2-8, we must not sin when we feel angry.
Here is an object lesson to teach your children about self control when we are angry.
James 3:7-8 “7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.”
Fill up a clear class of water almost to the top with warm water. Place the glass in a baking dish — for overflow. Next, add a few drops of food coloring, and 3-4 drops of dish soap into the glass. Now sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of baking soda on top. THE FUN PART — pour in vinegar into the glass. OVERFLOW!!
Explain to the children that we are the water, and the baking soda is our anger. The vinegar is our self control, and if we don’t control it — we will sin in our anger.
God’s plan is better — stop, PRAY, and walk away!
If you love giveaways, you’ll love the links below!
- Lizard’s List of Giveaways – This is where I post giveaway links that I find.
- Lizard’s Facebook Shares– This is where I post FACEBOOK giveaways that I find.
- Lizard’s Deals & Freebies – This is where I post deals and freebies that I find.
- Lizard’s Love of Books– This is where I post author giveaways that I find. (some of these will be adult)
- Twitter/Facebook Party Calendar – This is where I post Twitter/Facebook Parties that I find.