We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Bird watching is a fun and rewarding hobby that many people enjoy. One way to attract birds to your backyard is by providing them with a source of food. Making your own birdfeeders is a great way to do this, and it’s also a fun craft project that you can do with your family or friends. In this post, we’ll show you how to make peanut butter and pine cone birdfeeders that are sure to attract a variety of birds to your backyard.
– Pine cones
– Peanut butter
– String or twine
1. Collect pine cones: First, you’ll need to collect some pine cones. You can either buy them at a craft store or find them on the ground in your backyard or a nearby park.
2. Tie a string: Tie a piece of string or twine around the top of the pine cone, leaving enough string to hang the birdfeeder from a tree branch.
3. Spread peanut butter: Using a butter knife, spread peanut butter all over the pine cone, making sure to cover it completely.
4. Roll in birdseed: Pour birdseed onto a plate or shallow dish and roll the peanut butter-covered pine cone in the birdseed, pressing the seeds into the peanut butter to make sure they stick.
5. Hang your feeder: Once your pine cone is covered in birdseed, it’s ready to be hung up. Find a tree branch or other sturdy location to hang your feeder and tie the string securely.
6. Enjoy the bird watching: Sit back and enjoy watching the birds come to your feeder. You can even keep a journal of the different types of birds that come to visit.
Making your own birdfeeders is a fun and easy way to attract birds to your backyard. Peanut butter and pine cone birdfeeders are a great option because they are easy to make and attract a variety of birds. With just a few simple materials and some creativity, you can create a birdfeeder that will provide hours of entertainment for you and your family.
Have fun watching the birds as a family!!
What fun things do you enjoy doing with your kids in nature?